Community Development District Overview
The Oakstead Community Development District (CDD) is a local, special purpose government entity authorized by Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes as amended, and created by ordinance of Pasco County as an alternative method of planning, acquiring, operating and maintaining community-wide improvements in planned communities. The Oakstead CDD was established on October 25,1999 by Pasco County Ordinance 99-25. The Oakstead Community Development District has the general and special powers authorized by the Ordinance and Florida law (F.S. 190). A CDD provides the "solution" to Florida’s need to provide valuable community infrastructure generated by growth, ultimately without overburdening other governments and their taxpaying residents. Community Development Districts represent a major advancement in Florida’s effort to manage its growth effectively and efficiently. This allows a community to establish higher construction standards, meanwhile providing a long-term solution to the operation and maintenance of the community’s facilities.
The Oakstead Community Development District is organized similar to other local governments in Florida, in that the legislative body is composed of a five-member board known as the Board of Supervisors. The Board establishes the policy of the District in accordance with Florida law. The Board, by law, must hire a District Administrator and District Counsel. Staff members operate utilizing the same formalities as a County Administrator and County Attorney. The Board, through review of advertised Requests for Qualifications, ranks and selects a District Engineer to perform the engineering needs of the District. District Administration staff and the District Attorney administer the operations of the District and implement the Board’s policies and contracts. The Oakstead CDD will be guided by the "Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees" found here: Chapter 112, Part III F.S.
Your Oakstead CDD Board is made up of 5 resident board members. They are as follows;
- Chairman- Fred Krauer
- Vice Chairman- Barbara Feldman
- Assistant Secretary- Joe Cascio
- Assistant Secretary- Gary Goldstein
- Assistant Secretary- Jack Cathcart
The District Manager's responsibilities include:
- Preparation and submittal of a proposed operations and maintenance budgets for Board review and action
- Preparation of contract specifications for District operations, including community appearance, waterway management, street lighting and facilities maintenance
- File all required forms and documents with state and local agencies
- Attend all Board of Supervisor meetings – implement the policies of the Board
- Additional duties as directed by the Board
** The Oakstead CDD is a separate entity from that of the various Homeowner's Associations within Oakstead. Please make sure your correspondence is directed to the proper board/management company.**